There are a few easy yet effective changes that you can even make on-site to your social media marketing strategies and approaches that will help you to gain more traffic to your site. These are tried and tested steps suggested by the experts that will help you to make the best use of the social media platforms which, currently, is an integral part of business marketing strategy, irrespective of the type.
You cannot afford to ignore the importance and ability of social media in recent time for business marketing especially when the number of social media users are growing in leaps and bounds.
According to Business Insider, there are a few interesting stats that will imply why it is important to invest in social media marketing today. These are:
- Currently, there are over 2.3 billion active social media users in a month all over the world giving the businesses an opportunity to reach to a wide audience and quickly increase the traffic to their sites.
- The top 500 retailers have gained most as they have earned more than $3.3 billion from social shopping.
- The growth rate of social media is found to be 26% which way ahead of the 16% growth rate of the overall e-commerce market in the US alone.
- Social media can drive 200% more retail traffic in comparison to any other online channel through e-commerce referrals.
- 86% of adults use social networking sites to gain knowledge about different products, topics, and even entertainment.
Since numbers don’t lie, social media marketing is, therefore, the best thing that you should invest in for increased traffic to your site.
Use images in your content
Now for the changes that you need to make in your social media marketing strategy. First, the content since the content is the king in social media. It is, therefore, necessary to know the value of unique, high-quality, and actionable content. The best way to ensure that you have all these three in your content and its development strategy is to implement images within your posts.
The use of images is proven to have a huge ability to increase your social media reach and traffic to your site. Look at Instagram for that matter. It is solely due to the fact that this specific social media site allows only visual contents in the form of pictures and videos to post make it more effective in raising the engagement and interest among the followers for Instagram.
It is only when you use proper and relevant images you will be able to gain so many benefits including:
- Increased engagement
- Keeping readers glued on to your website for a long time
- Drive more traffic and your point home and more.
There are different tools such as Canvas and Pablo that will help you to add high-quality images to your content and blog posts making the complex process simple. These tools will ensure that the images fit in perfectly with your subject matter and at the same time add more value to your posts on different social media platforms.
Have a proper plan
If you are into social media marketing but are not getting the desired results then the only possible reason for it is that you do not have a proper plan in place. It is paramount to have a solid plan if you want to do social media marketing effectively. Lack of a plan will result in the failure of your business due to several reasons such as:
- You will be disorganized
- You will make expensive experiments that will often fail and
- You will not have any defined variables or any goals to achieve.
In short, you will be in a mess.
To design an effective social marketing plan, you must:
- Have your goals and objectives of business clearly in your mind
- Make a mission statement and
- Target your customers.
With these parameters in hand, you should create social media content that will be relevant to your product, your target audience and show your softer human side. Typically, social media is entirely about being social. This means that the social followers expect you to show a bit of personality and an authentic voice so that they can relate to what you are saying.
Use different social channels
To drive more organic traffic to your website you must use different popular social media platforms where people hang out mostly such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
If you target friends and family members of your users to drive them to your site then you should try your luck with Facebook. This can prove to be a powerhouse providing you traffic from different sources apart from your own Facebook business page such as:
- The Facebook groups
- Facebook Ads and from different
- Social media posts.
You can even use the Facebook Chat app to share links to your blog or product pages with your actual as well as potential customers.
Instagram marketing is also a useful marketing channel, especially for online retailers. This is because it has a large audience base and a lot of business-friendly features. Instagram will allow you to:
- Add link in your bio, photos, posts and Instagram Stories
- Have affiliates
- Add referral links
- Reach out to and use influencers with big followings and
- Create traffic ads.
Lastly, LinkedIn is also a good source to drive traffic for most online retailers, though it is not the biggest priority. It is good to share PR news and even videos with a link to your website to increase website traffic.
Allow users to subscribe
You should also allow your users to subscribe to your email list. This can significantly raise the traffic to your site even it does not seem like it can initially. When a reader sees your opt-in form for your traditional email list or RSS feed, they sign up to start getting messages from you regularly. You can point them to your site when they click on the links inside the emails.
All these easy and simple changes will raise your page views, traffic and rank in the search engine result pages.