A good decision backed by robust facts and a practically implemented approach can make you go miles. It can open doors to convenience, greater functionality, and ultimate productivity for your business, just like a website. Webflow and Elementor are two of the most powerful website builder tools. But choosing between the two is not an easy task, many factors might
affect your decision. So I am here to help you and guide you through.In this blog you will know everything you need to know about choosing the right website building tool.
Webflow & Elementor: A Shallow Dive into Basics
Lets just clear the basics first for those who are newly searching for website tools in general. Website-building tools help you develop a website with extensive functionalities and features. Every website builder may take a different approach for getting the job done, same goes for Webflow and Elementor.
Webflow allows you to build and launch responsive websites conveniently. It also has a content management system making it one stop solution for website design and development. There are drag and drop elements that make it easy for you as it eliminates the coding complexity.
Similarly like Webflow, Elementor too helps you build websites with drag-and-drop features. You don’t need to have extensive knowledge of coding yet the results are pretty accurate. At first both of these surfaces as free website builders, but they do have premium features that need deep level understanding. Let’s just take a quick look at a few statistics that will clear your idea of how popular Elementor and Webflow are
- Webflow has a huge user base of 3.5 million. On the other hand we have 3.3 million websites currently using elementor.
- 41.64 % of commercial websites use Elementor. As for Webflow 0.9% of CMS using websites are powered by Webflow.
- The United States has 779,867 live websites built using Elementor. Despite that, Webflow is said to be the 18th most popular CMS in the USA.
What’s the Key Differences between Webflow and Elementor?
Both the website builders do have pretty good similarities and differences. Here are few of the similarities:
- They remove code complexity and provide a drag and drop interface to build websites.
- These tools can help you build mobile responsive websites with seamless experience.
- Webflow and Elementor both have pre-built templates, customization features, and CMS capabilities.
Now onto the key areas where they don’t overlap.
In terms of a simple intuitive and beginner-friendly interface, I have to say Elementor takes the lead. The website builder tool is easily accessible for newbies who want to explore and reap the benefits of a website.
I should denote here that Webflow does require basic experience in web development. The way you use Webflow can easily segregate the quality okayish website build and high user base yielding website build. Web design and development are quite complex when you start stripping the layers. This is due to the result affecting your brand presence, your business functionalities, and your ability to provide a convenient user experience.
Core Features that Make Elementor User-Friendly
- Uncluttered interface with visual editing where you can see changes happening in real-time.
- A bank full of helpful tutorials and resources that clear your basic understanding super quick.
- It has large pre-designed templates and content that acts as a foundation for building your own website.
- No coding required, easy to learn the customization tools, and most importantly WYSIWYG(What you see is what you get) format.
Templates and Components
As stated earlier templates allow you to establish a foundation for building websites. Webflow has a variety of templates that are highly customizable according to any device. Elementor too offers a great library full of pre-designed templates, but considering every factor and aspect we will have to go with Webflow. You it’s not just about a wide spectrum, it’s about the quality, scaling, and community.
Why is Webflow an ideal choice due to its Resourceful Library?
- The template artwall of Webflow is full of templates that experienced designers make. Designers who love attention to detail, support modern aesthetics, and are obsessed with clean layouts.
- Even though they are predesigned you can customize the template component that suits your needs.
- The component library of Webflow is full of different types of styles, fonts, forms, sliders, and much more. This allows you to mix and match various components to optimize the UX of your output.
In terms of SEO features Webflow is the one that takes the lead compared to what Element has to offer. Exploring Webflow’s capabilities I found that it has integrated SEO functionalities. While in Elementor you need to use WordPress plugins like RankMath and Yoast SEO.
Benefits of Website Builder offering Integrated SEO
- It simplifies the implementation as many website builders might offer their thorough guides. Also the functionality streamlines the process of performing various SEO-related activities. Even the pros of many web dev companies use tools that have integrated SEO features.
- Eliminating the risk of using plugins, these integrated functionalities are widely considered by experts and for beginners. Moreover few plugins might have subscription cost, hence using a centralized management inbuilt SEO function may save you cost as well as time.
- As the integrated feature is offered by the website builder itself, it is highly compatible with the platform, ensures efficient optimization, and allows you to aim for better results coherently.
Now here is the question “who is the best?” gets a little tricky. If you are a small business looking highly customizable, unique online presence, and flexible approach to showcasing your brand online Webflow might be the right choice for you. Although Elementor offers ease in use, there is no rocket science involved, and you can conveniently set up an online digital store. However setting up an ecommerce store is not easy so you might want to consult a website development company first.
Businesses Who prefer Webflow
- Creative Niches
- Design Studios
- Fashion Brands
- Marketing Professionals
- Educational Institutes
- Non-profit organizations
- Business that need fast development
- Less technical professionals
Businesses Who prefer Elementor
- Small Businesses
- E-commerce websites
- Agencies with free-lance services
- Businesses with large content pool
- Budget-conscious Businesses
- Coding professionals
Another point where I have to call it a draw. In terms of expanding the ecosystem, well to attain sustainability and tackle scalability issues, both are at their prime performance. By mentioning those particular add-ons, upgrades, and expansion methodologies, you will observe how both take their different approaches.
- Webflow focuses on the specific integration of functionalities that will benefit every web design and development expert.
- Another significant consideration of Webflow in terms of offering service is quality. They want to keep their quality consistent when it comes to offering well-integrated solutions.
- The free website builder tool is currently in beta version, it’s a growing marketplace and there are premium versions available suiting the business scale. Also soon through gradually adapting the modern shift of technology, like AI and Web 3.0 it might finally be in the spotlight.
- The free website builder surely utilizes third-party plug-ins and the entire ecosystem. It opens doors to vast integration of functionalities. Many web dev companies make great use of Elementor for satisfying clients who have fixed budgets and nominal requirements.
- Although Elementor offers a wide range of solutions, it sometimes faces compatibility issues due to its server complexity. I mean look at what it has to offer, every website depends on marketing operations, technical analysis, optimization, and much more.
- Again for beginners, there might be slight confusion, but they have libraries full of resources to guide you through it.
Summary and More
Websites can enable small businesses to scale with the new-gen market. It widens one’s business reach, gives the ability to target specific users, and subsequently boost sales. Building a website eases up your way of doing business, but choosing which website builder tool to go for might be tough. On top of that, choosing from Webflow and Elementor can be puzzling. Hope this blog helps you to make an informed decision. However it is suggested to consult an expert like a website development company, as they are more resourceful, have expertise, and other tools that can benefit you in many ways.