In today’s times, “Studying Abroad” is extremely important to succeed in this competitive environment. If one wishes to prosper in their professional career in this ever-declining economy, then an “International Masters’ Degree” should be a must. Such schools provide top-notch education along with all-rounded extracurricular activities through their numerous clubs and societies.
Moreover, the daily schedule in such programs is a busy one. The students are ubiquitously exposed to a plethora of stressful yet evolving experiences. To streamline the process and thus reduce the turnaround time, something other than tangible interactions is required. Hence, several websites and applications can ease such interactions by onboarding such communication to online platforms. A plethora of such texting and messaging mediums helps maintain efficacious communication within and beyond the school’s campus.
Benefits of a Chatting App in an Educational Setting:-
- These apps put an end to the need for telephonic conversation. This allows students to have long conversations with their loved ones without fretting about the hefty International Direct Dialing (IDD) charges.
- This mode of communication also allows in keeping end-to-end communication between parents, teachers, and students. This eases the process of sending reminders and assignments to students. Moreover, teachers can send progress reports to parents and thus communicate with them regarding any event, field trip, or any to-be conferences.
- For group projects, the students can interact with their mentors and their teammates without a tangible interaction. This is extremely crucial in the present COVID-19 scenario, where social distancing is imperative to prevent any further outbreak.
- When in group projects, the students can instantly share instructions, documents, or presentations, which helps manage one’s time efficiently. Moreover, one can engage in such interactions via cellular phones and can complete such tasks on-the-go.
- Chatting apps are helpful in the discussion of doubts during live online classes. This, in turn, helps maintain the virtual classroom’s decorum without students screaming and shouting at once.
Top 5 Free Chatting Apps for Students, Teachers, and Parents-:
This app facilitates smooth interaction between parents and teachers. The app’s primary purpose is to onboard the parents and draw them into their child’s classroom. This would further allow them to monitor their child’s overall development while being a million miles away from their kids. Over 450,000 students and parents have downloaded this app worldwide. This app caters to students right from their early schooling to their post-graduate study abroad.
Moreover, the app has garnered a PlayStore rating of 4.1, with over 60,000 positive reviews from delighted customers. A peculiar advantage that makes the application stand out from the rest is that anyone can connect with classes worldwide. This feature proves to be very instrumental in the pandemic situation.
2. Remind: School Communication
“Remind” is specifically designed for teachers and eases the process of reminding the students about pressing issues and deadlines. This in turn allows the students and parents to be up-to-speed and thus be wary of the present deliverables. All-in-all, the app has a user-friendly GUI (Graphical User Interface) and is a highly effective chatting app that helps connect – families, students, and teachers. Also, this app will also allow you to translate 70+ languages; thus, easing interaction for international students.
3. WhatsApp Messenger
Whatsapp messenger is a widely popular application in the public eye with the most simplified user interface comprising of almost every function required to make the experience better. The application allows real-time personalized messaging as well as video and photo sharing. Besides just messaging, you can also benefit from the “Telephonic Calling” and “Video Calling” features without incurring any tariff charges.
When in a rush, you can use the “Voice Note” feature, which allows one to send messages instantly via audio recordings. This ultimately saves time typing it out. One can also share their current/live location or of their nearby locations with their contacts. This app is available for IOS and even for Android, on the Google PlayStore. With over 129 million downloads and a 4.2-star rating (for just the android users), the application dominates the market.
This user-friendly application is also available for Android and IOS-operated products. It allows in maintaining a productive communication channel between teachers and parents to learn about their child’s progress. Furthermore, the teachers can also set business hours on this app.
This allows the teachers to maintain a healthy work-life balance and therefore not be bothered during off-office hours. Another added advantage would be that the teachers can add information about their professional experience. This app also allows automatic 2-way translation for international students and parents who might be new to the language.
Besides being a full-fledged chatting app installed with all features required for efficient parent-teacher communication, the app allows one to schedule events and set reminders. Moreover, the teachers can also organize parent-teacher conferences with ease and update the parents regarding their child’s progress. Furthermore, through the app, students can share portfolios with the parents and the school team. The app can also serve as an excellent media-sharing platform, through which students can share classroom moments privately with parents.
The above-listed online applications are the need of the hour in such testing times. Moreover, they will also reduce the homesickness that international students face regularly. This will allow one to give unwavering focus to their academics.
However, in the end, it depends upon your personal choice of which application you wish to go for. You will get a plethora of features from the apps mentioned above to fulfill almost your every need. So, it depends on an individual how well they take advantage of such apps. This stands to be a good reason why these apps have such a massive customer base.